Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rejection Stinks


Sometimes you go out on a limb, risk everything you've got, put yourself out there, let your guard down and hope for the best. You tell yourself that you never know unless you try. You convince yourself that it's worth a shot, that you'll be happy knowing that you gave it your all even if you end up flat on your ass.
No matter how much you convince yourself you'll be fine, the truth is, when the rejection actually comes, when the failure actually occurs, you end up being one miserable bitch.
Case in point: me.
I gave it my all, I did my best, and submitted a piece I worked my ass off for months. It got returned to me with a short message to say, "I'm sorry but I do not share your passion for this."
To me, my initial reaction was, why bother with an apology? If it's rejected, then it's rejected, just go straight to the point. There was no use for formality.
I went through days of deliberation : Am I OK with this? Does this make me stronger or does this make me quit?
It's been weeks since the rejection e-mail, and I'll be honest, I haven't even begun to get over it yet!
When you tell yourself you can take it, when you tell yourself that it'll only make you stronger in the end, be careful! It might not be true, and even if it is, it might take longer than you can handle... :(

Here's hoping I get over this soon!

xoxo,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment