Thursday, January 8, 2009

Movie Night - Australia


Just went to see Australia with one of my best friends, and can I tell you? Even though all the reviews were bad, I actually enjoyed it. Huh. Go figure.

It was refreshing to see Hugh Jackman looking like a man instead of some weird beast-type person (X-Men). The fact that he showed off buff and an insane six pack was pretty much a bonus... Let's not even go to the acting, his emotions got so real, especially during the part where he goes to the Bar (spoiler alert....) and demands for his Aboriginal buddy to be let in and given a drink. The tears, oh! (Well, mostly his, not mine)

Nicole was unfortunaly just 'eh' - as in acceptable but not Oscar worthy.

It was a bit long, I'll admit, and all through the movie my arm was just itching to slap the up-to-no-good jerk, Neil Fletcher. I'm imagining that whenever the actor steps out of his house in Australia (or wherever he lives), he'll be getting slaps all around from people. I'd probably be one of them. But that just proves the actor was brilliant in the portrayal, right?
Oh, and that kid Nullah - totally cute.

Oscar buzz? Nah, I don't think so. But if you have two hours to kill, try it out... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment